The best way to learn how to use Google Apps for Harvard is try the
experimenting with the applications yourself. If you haven't done so
already, get yourself started by signing up for a Google Apps for Harvard account.
Then return here and try out the following resources. Note that
although these tutorials are not specific to Harvard, they cover most of
the functionality you will find within Google Apps for Harvard. If you
have specific questions, try consulting our detailed FAQ. Google Apps Training Center - Get help using your mail, calendar, documents, and other Google Apps
- Docs: How to create, edit, and share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Drive: Access, organize, and share all your files from any device, anywhere.
- Gmail: A guide to Google's powerful email environment.
- Calendar: A guide to getting yourself established with Google's calendaring application.
- Sites: Discover how to quickly create web sites without knowing HTML.
- Groups: How to manage and participate in Google Groups.
- Chat: Send instant messages to other Gmail users with the Google Chat gadget.
- Contacts: Using Google Contacts at work or school
Harvard + Lynda Google Training Modules - The following training modules are available to all Harvard users via the Lynda training service. Please note that you will need to create a Lynda account prior to leveraging these modules:
- Gmail Essential Training: Learn the basics of composing, sending, and replying to messages with Gmail, the free email service from Google. Plus, discover how to organize, search, and use shortcuts to work with Gmail more effectively every step of the way.
- Google Calendar Essential Training: Manage your personal and professional schedules better with Google Calendar. This course shows you how to get started scheduling events, keeping track of your to-dos, and accessing it all on the go.
- Google Drive Essential Training: In this course you learn the essentials of creating, formatting, and sharing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms with Google Drive. Discover the differences between the Google Docs and the new Google Drive. Then learn how to work with your files—creating, converting, syncing, and deleting—plus tips on organizing and searching Drive.
- Google Sites Essential Training: Start building collaborative websites with the Google Apps built-in tool Google Sites. This course covers the best ways to create, edit, and customize a website with the easy-to-implement templates and gadgets in Google Sites.
- Google Analytics Essential Training: In Google Analytics Essential Training, Corey Koberg shows how to use the Google web analytics platform to generate and evaluate information about the visitors to a web site, including data on site traffic, user behavior, and marketing effectiveness. This course covers the out-of-the-box functionality, from account creation to reporting fundamentals, and explains how to glean insights from the vast array of data available.