Google Apps for Harvard, including Gmail and Google Drive, is available to FAS faculty, FAS staff, Extension School students, John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences students, HUIT Employees, and GSAS students for academic
interaction, teaching, and confidential research. Additionally, SharePoint for Harvard
is available to faculty and staff in FAS and Central Administration for
official University business, including secure document sharing.
- Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) continues to be fully supported as Harvard University's email and calendaring platform.
If you have been forwarding your Harvard address to your
personal Gmail account, we strongly recommend that you open a Google
Apps for Harvard Gmail account for all University-related email.
GDotHarvard is accessible with your HarvardKey. If you have not claimed your HarvardKey please do so as soon as possible.
- Google+ and g.harvard: All g.harvard accounts have access to Google’s Core Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sites, and Groups). G.harvard Core Apps are governed by a contract between Harvard University and Google.
- Google+ and additional Google Apps (Consumer Apps such as Google+, Analytics and Picasa) are governed by a contract between YOU and Google.
- If you turn on the Consumer Apps (opt-in to Google+ for example), your Core Apps (Gmail, Calendar, etc.) will still be governed by the contract between Harvard and Google.
- If you sign up for Google+ with your g.harvard account, Google+ is a consumer application and you must agree to Google’s Consumer Terms of Service to use the application. Click on the image below for a graphical representation:
You can learn more by reviewing our FAQ.
Ready to begin? Go to the Getting Started page!